MiniZinc and FlatZinc
MiniZinc is a medium-level constraint modelling language. It is high-level enough to express most constraint problems easily, but low-level enough that it can be mapped onto existing solvers easily and consistently. It is a subset of the higher-level language Zinc. We hope it will be adopted as a standard by the Constraint Programming community.
FlatZinc is a low-level solver input language that is the target language for MiniZinc. It is designed to be easy to translate into the form required by a solver.
- 2014-10-03 We updated the alpha version of Stochastic MiniZinc - check it out!
- 2014-09-19 A minor bug in the scoring script was fixed, which affected the results of the MiniZinc Challenge 2013 and 2014. The results were updated. Thanks to Roberto Amadini for reporting the bug.
- 2014-09-10 Announcement of the results of the MiniZinc Challenge 2014. Congratulation to the winners. Detailed results are available here.
- 2014-07-11 A new and better version of the MiniZinc Tutorial is available.
- 2014-06-26 The MiniZinc Challenge 2014 is now underway.
- 2014-05-21 A beta version of MiniZinc 2.0 is now available.
- 2014-04-17 First call for problem submissions for the MiniZinc Challenge 2014.
- 2014-02-03 The new MiniZinc IDE is now available for download.
- 2013-09-17 The results of the MiniZinc Challenge 2013 have been announced.
- 2013-07-01 Execution Environment for the MiniZinc Challenge 2013 was updated (see here).
- 2013-06-21 A converter from XCSP to MiniZinc is available here. Thanks to Jacopo Mauro and Roberto Amadini.
- 2013-04-11 The MiniZinc Challenge 2013 is now underway.