MiniZinc and FlatZinc
MiniZinc is a medium-level constraint modelling language. It is high-level enough to express most constraint problems easily, but low-level enough that it can be mapped onto existing solvers easily and consistently. It is a subset of the higher-level language Zinc. We hope it will be adopted as a standard by the Constraint Programming community.
FlatZinc is a low-level solver input language that is the target language for MiniZinc. It is designed to be easy to translate into the form required by a solver.
- 2014-04-17 First call for problem submissions for the MiniZinc Challenge 2014.
- 2014-02-03 The new MiniZinc IDE is now available for download.
- 2013-09-17 The results of the MiniZinc Challenge 2013 have been announced.
- 2013-07-01 Execution Environment for the MiniZinc Challenge 2013 was updated (see here).
- 2013-06-21 A converter from XCSP to MiniZinc is available here. Thanks to Jacopo Mauro and Roberto Amadini.
- 2013-04-11 The MiniZinc Challenge 2013 is now underway.
- 2013-04-11 A new and better version of the MiniZinc Tutorial is available.