MiniZinc and FlatZinc
MiniZinc is a medium-level constraint modelling language. It is high-level enough to express most constraint problems easily, but low-level enough that it can be mapped onto existing solvers easily and consistently. It is a subset of the higher-level language Zinc. We hope it will be adopted as a standard by the Constraint Programming community.
FlatZinc is a low-level solver input language that is the target language for MiniZinc. It is designed to be easy to translate into the form required by a solver.
MiniZinc 2 is here!
After several years of work, we are releasing version 2 of the MiniZinc language and tool chain.
- 2016-02-19 First call for problem submissions for the MiniZinc Challenge 2016.
- 2016-02-19 A minor bug in the scoring script was fixed, which affected the results of the MiniZinc Challenge 2015. The results were updated. Thanks to Mohamed Siala for reporting the bug.
- 2016-01-15 MiniZinc and the MiniZinc IDE 2.0.11 have been released.
- 2015-09-04 The MiniZinc Challenge 2015 has concluded and the results has been announced.
- 2015-07-31 MiniZinc 2.0.5 and the MiniZinc IDE 0.9.9 have been released.
- 2015-07-01 MiniZinc 2.0.4 and the MiniZinc IDE 0.9.8 have been released.
- 2015-06-24 The MiniZinc Challenge 2015 is now underway.
- 2015-05-26 MiniZinc 2.0.2 and the MiniZinc IDE 0.9.7 have been released.
- 2015-04-23 First call for problem submissions for the MiniZinc Challenge 2015.
- 2014-12-15 MiniZinc 2.0.1 has been released.
- 2014-12-09 MiniZinc 2.0.0 has been released.
- 2014-10-03 We updated the alpha version of Stochastic MiniZinc - check it out!