MiniZinc is a free and open-source constraint modeling language.
You can use MiniZinc to model constraint satisfaction and optimization problems in a high-level,
solver-independent way, taking advantage of a large
library of pre-defined constraints.
Your model is then compiled into FlatZinc, a solver input language that is understood by
a wide range of solvers.
MiniZinc is developed at Monash University in
Data61 Decision Sciences
and the University of Melbourne.
To get started with MiniZinc, download the MiniZinc distribution
and the IDE and have a look at the MiniZinc
Tutorial (also available in Chinese).
We have developed an extensive online course! Head over to Coursera's
Modeling Discrete Optimization course for an in-depth introduction
to constraint modeling using MiniZinc.
- 2017-03-16 MiniZinc 2.1.4 has been released (change log).
- 2017-03-06 10th edition of the MiniZinc Challenge has been announced.
- 2017-02-06 MiniZinc 2.1.3 has been released (change log).
- 2016-12-20 MiniZinc 2.1.2 has been released (change log).
- 2016-12-16 The MiniZinc library documentation now has an index.
- 2016-12-14 MiniZinc 2.1.1 has been released (change log).
- 2016-11-17 MiniZinc 2.1.0 has been released (change log).
- 2016-10-26 Meet the MiniZinc Team!
- 2016-10-22 The tutorial is now also available in Chinese!
- 2016-10-20 The MiniZinc website is now hosted on GitHub Pages.
- 2016-10-20 The MiniZinc Forum has been relocated to Google Groups, due to an unmanagable number of spam posts in the old forum
- 2016-09-28 Updated list of FlatZinc Implementations.
- 2016-09-05 The MiniZinc Challenge 2016 results available here.
- 2016-07-31 MiniZinc and the MiniZinc IDE 2.0.14 have been released.
- 2016-05-20 The MiniZinc Challenge 2016 is now underway.
- 2016-02-19 First call for problem submissions for the MiniZinc Challenge 2016.
- 2016-02-19 A minor bug in the scoring script was fixed, which affected the results of the MiniZinc Challenge 2015. The results were updated. Thanks to Mohamed Siala for reporting the bug.
- 2016-01-15 MiniZinc and the MiniZinc IDE 2.0.11 have been released.
- Older news items