MiniZinc and FlatZinc
MiniZinc is a medium-level constraint modelling language. It is high-level enough to express most constraint problems easily, but low-level enough that it can be mapped onto existing solvers easily and consistently. It is a subset of the higher-level language Zinc. We hope it will be adopted as a standard by the Constraint Programming community.
FlatZinc is a low-level solver input language that is the target language for MiniZinc. It is designed to be easy to translate into the form required by a solver.
- 2014-02-03 The new MiniZinc IDE is now available for download.
- 2013-09-17 The results of the MiniZinc Challenge 2013 have been announced.
- 2013-07-01 Execution Environment for the MiniZinc Challenge 2013 was updated (see here).
- 2013-06-21 A converter from XCSP to MiniZinc is available here. Thanks to Jacopo Mauro and Roberto Amadini.
- 2013-04-11 The MiniZinc Challenge 2013 is now underway.
- 2013-04-11 A new and better version of the MiniZinc Tutorial is available.
- 2013-04-04 First call for problem submissions for the MiniZinc Challenge 2013.
- 2013-03-19 The web site has moved to a new server, www.minizinc.org.
- 2012-10-30 The g12-users mailing list has been replaced by the minizinc-users
Subscribers to the old list have been automatically subscribed to the new list.
See below for further details.
- 2012-10-12 The results of the MiniZinc Challenge 2012 have been announced.
- 2012-09-20 Version 1.6 of the G12 MiniZinc distribution has been released.